I realized it's been about 2 weeks since my last post, which interferes with my aspirations to write something here at least weekly...I won't offer excuses. It just is what it is.
The last two weeks have been super busy. Lots of working, some bigger projects (work related), grant defending in government buildings (only a little scary), hand drawing postcards for a community event, sewing projects, birthday celebrations, making of many foods...yeah, it's all a bit of a jumble. My asthma and allergies have persisted for the last 2 weeks, which has been a little obnoxious. The only real benefit from it all being a slightly hoarser/deeper voice, which always makes me kinda happy. Another high point of the last couple weeks was my triumph over a busted sliding van door...I know, it doesn't sound all that exciting, but with some ingenuity, encouragement and assistance from my friends Eric and Angie, I managed to fabricate the missing piece of the internal door handle mechanism, and I was pretty stoked about that.
I realize I should scan and post some of the postcards I drew... I don't have them with me now, so I'll just have to add those later. I also should probably be taking pictures of all the food I've been making for folks. More and more people are asking about it, it's like the old days in Portland and Austin...bake something for a bbq and then someone's asking how they can order something for another event. It's tempting, certainly couldn't hurt to have a little side project going on. I mean, it's not like I'm busy enough as it is. Ha! In the last week I've made two raw cheezecakes; one was german chocolate, today's was key lime with ginger. Good stuff.
Had some good runs this past week, it's been warm, so getting out to the Yetman trail early in the morning has been nice. Keeping my mileage pretty steady, hovering around 50-80miles per week, depending on the length of my long runs. There's a TTR run, similar to the Tanque Verde Loop I did with them, coming up next Sunday. It branches off to Mica Mountain instead of towards Tanque Verde Peak, mileage total of 26.8. It's a de-rig weekend at work, but I'm hoping it won't be too crazy and that I'll make it out there.
This is feeling pretty stream-of-consciousness randomness...that's sorta where my brain has been of late. Not exactly distracted, just intensely focused on a handful of things to the point that everything else seems a bit jumbled. Oh well.
I feel better having written something down, if it's not the most entertaining post you've ever read, I won't be offended nor surprised. Now, I need to get home to my kitchen to make some massaman curry and get ready to sit outside, enjoy an (hopefully) excellent meal, great company, the desert and the great lunar perigee!
Happy day before the Vernal Equinox!
In honor of springtime...
The last two weeks have been super busy. Lots of working, some bigger projects (work related), grant defending in government buildings (only a little scary), hand drawing postcards for a community event, sewing projects, birthday celebrations, making of many foods...yeah, it's all a bit of a jumble. My asthma and allergies have persisted for the last 2 weeks, which has been a little obnoxious. The only real benefit from it all being a slightly hoarser/deeper voice, which always makes me kinda happy. Another high point of the last couple weeks was my triumph over a busted sliding van door...I know, it doesn't sound all that exciting, but with some ingenuity, encouragement and assistance from my friends Eric and Angie, I managed to fabricate the missing piece of the internal door handle mechanism, and I was pretty stoked about that.
I realize I should scan and post some of the postcards I drew... I don't have them with me now, so I'll just have to add those later. I also should probably be taking pictures of all the food I've been making for folks. More and more people are asking about it, it's like the old days in Portland and Austin...bake something for a bbq and then someone's asking how they can order something for another event. It's tempting, certainly couldn't hurt to have a little side project going on. I mean, it's not like I'm busy enough as it is. Ha! In the last week I've made two raw cheezecakes; one was german chocolate, today's was key lime with ginger. Good stuff.
Had some good runs this past week, it's been warm, so getting out to the Yetman trail early in the morning has been nice. Keeping my mileage pretty steady, hovering around 50-80miles per week, depending on the length of my long runs. There's a TTR run, similar to the Tanque Verde Loop I did with them, coming up next Sunday. It branches off to Mica Mountain instead of towards Tanque Verde Peak, mileage total of 26.8. It's a de-rig weekend at work, but I'm hoping it won't be too crazy and that I'll make it out there.
This is feeling pretty stream-of-consciousness randomness...that's sorta where my brain has been of late. Not exactly distracted, just intensely focused on a handful of things to the point that everything else seems a bit jumbled. Oh well.
I feel better having written something down, if it's not the most entertaining post you've ever read, I won't be offended nor surprised. Now, I need to get home to my kitchen to make some massaman curry and get ready to sit outside, enjoy an (hopefully) excellent meal, great company, the desert and the great lunar perigee!
Happy day before the Vernal Equinox!
In honor of springtime...
nevera heard that raincoats song! like it. didju know we did a raincoats cover band? where're the juicy jigs? love, Dwarnk
ReplyDelete