The Pictorial Companion to My Very Own Forest!
Okay, so just remember, these were all taken at best guess, as there was no viewfinder on the camera I was using. That being considered, I think these turned out pretty well. Hope you enjoy.

Okay, so just remember, these were all taken at best guess, as there was no viewfinder on the camera I was using. That being considered, I think these turned out pretty well. Hope you enjoy.
| The start of the day, Three Rivers Trail |
| SCC Crews at work |
| The work get-up. Safety first. |
| Somewhere around the start of my hike/slow-fastpack to the next crew. |
| Trying to capture the ridiculousness of my 'fastpack' pack. |
| Glad this wasn't me. |
| The haze in the sky is from the smoke of fires more than 200 miles away! |
| I would happily live in that cave. |
| Lunch Break!! |
| Happy dirty trail legs. |
| Nearing the ridgeline. |
| Top of the ridgeline, I made it! |
| Trail junctions. |
| Enjoying an afternoon with temps below 100. |
| This is an attempt of a panoramic, pic 1 |
| Panoramic 2 |
| Panoramic 3 |
| Panoramic 4 |
| The next place I was headed. |
| Can you see the trail? So much fun, this was the fastest part of my day. |
| Can you read this old trail sign? Yeah, me neither. |
| Elk!!! There were so many of them, and they were bugeling a lot! |
| Nearing the end of my day. |
| Happy dirty feet, about 9 miles overall on day one. |
| Home sweet home. |
| Morning stretch and safety circle. |
| Clean campsites are safe campsites for people and animals. Check out that awesome bear hang! |
| The not-so-fastpack, ready for the short homestretch of day two. |
| Nearly there. |
| The white spots on the horizon are actually the sands of White Sands, NM. |
| Trying to capture the ridiculousness of my pack in a shadow. |
| Back to the beginning. What a great field visit. |
Nice photos! Where were you? (Looks like outside of Flagstaff???)
ReplyDeleteCheryl, glad you liked the photos. This was actually in the Lincoln National Forest, in the Three Rivers area/White Mountain Wilderness. I highly suggest visiting if/when the forest access restrictions are lifted.
ReplyDelete