Saturday, February 18, 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Once again, a giant lapse in posts...but so it goes. It's a combination of being incredibly busy and not owning a computer...at least, that's what I tell myself.

So, here's some of what I've been busy with:
Started having some real crazy pains in my chest in the fall, led to some needle biopsies which fortunately came back benign, but still raised concerns. Weighed the options and made the decision to go ahead and do the preemptive strike solution and raise the money for a subcutaneous bilateral mastectomy. (I've never been comfortable with having breasts anyways, so I guess this works out) Unfortunately, insurance does not cover such procedures, so I'm on my own to raise the money, and I've been hustling! My art show being part of the hustle, I've been very busy making new art and putting together small community events to raise money. Also, at the suggestion of my roommate, I started this website.
In addition to all that, I've been stressed out with work, in that I'm trying to wrap up the last 3 years of my job, my garden project and everything else before moving on to other things. Other things including heading briefly  back to the Bay area and then Alaskan adventures with my sweetheart, and I'm very excited about that. Been running when I can, but nothing consistent. I really can't wait to run through the headlands again, and I'm truly ready for my mind to be absolutely blown by running in Alaska...getting everything back on track in time to be back at Javelina Jundred this October for another great costume and a 100 MILE buckle. (While I do love my 100K buckle, I'm ready for the next phase.)
So, that about sums it up. I thought I'd post some pics from my art show. If you're anywhere near Tucson in the next month or so, go check it out. Cafe Passe, 415 N. 4th Ave. If nothing else, stop in and get some great coffee, or a cocktail, and buy a postcard or two. Viva la correspondencia!








1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues (though I'm glad it's not worse, obviously). But if it leads to a happier you ultimately, that'll be great.

    So, I can't make it to Tucson this month, but I assume you might be willing to sell me something anyhow, if the price was right and the picture still available? Like the bottom one? I was looking at it because I thought it looked cool, and then The Boy walked by and immediately started saying how much he liked it.... Email me if you're interested?

    Meanwhile, I hope you're not feeling pain still.

    ReplyDelete