What Lies Ahead
By this time next week, I'll be hanging out in West Hollywood with my pal Jay, and my legs will officially have their first 100K race in their muscle memory. This week is already off to a busy start, which I think is a good thing. Lots to be done at work, and not tons of time to sit around and wonder about what I might be forgetting in preparation for this race...here's hoping there's nothing too critical that I've omitted. I decided to make my morning commute, not super worried about a giant taper for this race. If anything, I figure all the time sitting on the train will be rest enough.
Where I'm Headed
The race itself is in Los Olivos, California. It should be gorgeous, and I know it is going to be a great time. Luis, the Race Director, has been extremely nice and accommodating so far, and I'm sure the race is going to be run quite smoothly. There are some Ultra legends of sorts who will be there, and that will be fun to run with them. Honestly though, I think that's one of the great things about Ultras, we're a big/small community, so its pretty likely that at least one or two 'legends' or 'big names' will be running just about any event you might participate in. If you want to check out the website for the race, go here.
I'm excited to have another train trip on the horizon, especially since last Saturday was National Train Day. I'm looking forward to a mini half-vacation. Half, because I have some stuff I really need to work on while I'm out there, continuing to get the plan for the garden all dialed in. I think time away from the office to work on it will be good. It'll be nice to focus on it from somewhere completely removed. Visualization. Making things happen. It's all pretty exciting.
Updates to Follow
It might be a while after the race (a week or so) before I'm able to update things, not really sure what my computer access will be like during my mini vacation. But, if you happen to think of it on this next Saturday, between the hours of about 6am-8pm-ish California time, feel free to send my legs some encouragement. They'll be in the midst of their longest race to date, but certainly not the longest they'll run...greater distances are looming on the horizon, and I can't wait for the challenge.
Music, For Good Measure
Here's a band I'm hoping to see tonight, an old favorite I've been listening to since the late 90's.
By this time next week, I'll be hanging out in West Hollywood with my pal Jay, and my legs will officially have their first 100K race in their muscle memory. This week is already off to a busy start, which I think is a good thing. Lots to be done at work, and not tons of time to sit around and wonder about what I might be forgetting in preparation for this race...here's hoping there's nothing too critical that I've omitted. I decided to make my morning commute, not super worried about a giant taper for this race. If anything, I figure all the time sitting on the train will be rest enough.
Where I'm Headed
The race itself is in Los Olivos, California. It should be gorgeous, and I know it is going to be a great time. Luis, the Race Director, has been extremely nice and accommodating so far, and I'm sure the race is going to be run quite smoothly. There are some Ultra legends of sorts who will be there, and that will be fun to run with them. Honestly though, I think that's one of the great things about Ultras, we're a big/small community, so its pretty likely that at least one or two 'legends' or 'big names' will be running just about any event you might participate in. If you want to check out the website for the race, go here.
I'm excited to have another train trip on the horizon, especially since last Saturday was National Train Day. I'm looking forward to a mini half-vacation. Half, because I have some stuff I really need to work on while I'm out there, continuing to get the plan for the garden all dialed in. I think time away from the office to work on it will be good. It'll be nice to focus on it from somewhere completely removed. Visualization. Making things happen. It's all pretty exciting.
Updates to Follow
It might be a while after the race (a week or so) before I'm able to update things, not really sure what my computer access will be like during my mini vacation. But, if you happen to think of it on this next Saturday, between the hours of about 6am-8pm-ish California time, feel free to send my legs some encouragement. They'll be in the midst of their longest race to date, but certainly not the longest they'll run...greater distances are looming on the horizon, and I can't wait for the challenge.
Music, For Good Measure
Here's a band I'm hoping to see tonight, an old favorite I've been listening to since the late 90's.
Good luck! Gotta love Pinback.
ReplyDelete