Okay, as promised, I have scanned some of the postcards I drew and will post the images up here. These started a few years back, drawing postcards to send to friends...I'm not really sure where exactly the character came from, it just happened.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about these postcards:
Q: Is it a chicken?
A: It's not a chicken, it's not a duck...it's just a cartoon that has wings and a beak, so that makes it avian in nature, but I'll claim no other official affiliation to its origin.
Q: Is it supposed to be you?
A: No, but I suppose its equally accurate to say that a lot of the images come from my own experiences, so its maybe safe to say this is my cartoon avian alter ego...
Q: Does it have a name?
A: No. But perhaps its time I gave it one...as I said above, I just randomly started drawing this character, the sort of sketch you do when you're distracted and paying attention to something else but the pen in your hand is connected to paper...its a doodle.
Q: Do you sell them?
A: Yes. Although, I've only sold them at small art shows/community gatherings...I haven't necessarily created a more consistent place/way of distributing them for sale.
Q: Are they copies of drawings?
A: Nope. These are all one of a kind, hand drawn originals. No two are exactly alike...they most certainly will have similarities/similar themes, but each card is unique. I draw them on recycled bristol board paper, so they are sturdy, like a regular postcard you would buy. On the back of the postcard I draw an area for the address and the little 'Place Stamp Here' square, otherwise the back is blank.
Okay, images below. I scanned in 4 at a time, so that's how they'll appear - 4 postcards to one image frame.
Enjoy!
Some Frequently Asked Questions about these postcards:
Q: Is it a chicken?
A: It's not a chicken, it's not a duck...it's just a cartoon that has wings and a beak, so that makes it avian in nature, but I'll claim no other official affiliation to its origin.
Q: Is it supposed to be you?
A: No, but I suppose its equally accurate to say that a lot of the images come from my own experiences, so its maybe safe to say this is my cartoon avian alter ego...
Q: Does it have a name?
A: No. But perhaps its time I gave it one...as I said above, I just randomly started drawing this character, the sort of sketch you do when you're distracted and paying attention to something else but the pen in your hand is connected to paper...its a doodle.
Q: Do you sell them?
A: Yes. Although, I've only sold them at small art shows/community gatherings...I haven't necessarily created a more consistent place/way of distributing them for sale.
Q: Are they copies of drawings?
A: Nope. These are all one of a kind, hand drawn originals. No two are exactly alike...they most certainly will have similarities/similar themes, but each card is unique. I draw them on recycled bristol board paper, so they are sturdy, like a regular postcard you would buy. On the back of the postcard I draw an area for the address and the little 'Place Stamp Here' square, otherwise the back is blank.
Okay, images below. I scanned in 4 at a time, so that's how they'll appear - 4 postcards to one image frame.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment